Today's Stitching

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Birthday blanket


This afghan is for an adorable little gal who is turning two later this summer and getting a 'big girl' bed and newly decorated room. I am almost done and found out that it is much bigger than I planned.....guess I was so intent on getting the colors and stripes correct that it got away from me!.....don't know what to do, might make another small one and give them both to her. She is going into a toddler bed right now but that won't last long....this afghan is better sized for a twin bed.....sigh....sometimes I just get carried away....lol

1 comment:

Lanie said...

Oh she will be big enough for it, before we know it. She tends to toss her blankies while sleeping, so the larger size might help ensure she stays covered at night. Maybe you just let the yarn be who it was supposed to be and that seems bigger than you thought...lol!