Today's Stitching

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Antique Hexagons



I have a collection of antique/old grandmother's flower garden blocks....I just love the old fabrics and all the different color combo's. The bottom one is one of my favorite..........she fussy cut it!
Did you notice that this group is done with a yellow center, then solid flower then floral outside.
Love the way it looks.....so happy!
The hexagons are 3/4 inch. finished and the work is all neat and handdone. The flowers come from different times I am sure.....30's, 40's and 50's. The fabric is a bit fragile on some and they are slightly different sizes since they were not made by the same person so I will not attempt to do anything with them.....except admire and LOVE them.

9 comments:

Saskia said...

They are very nice! Lovely flowers.

Karen said...

Such beautiful flowers. I too love the orange one. Such a treasure!

Steffi´s Candy Quilts said...

Oh, how beautiful they are! What a treasure!

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Lovely flowers :-)

Marieke (http://quiltpassie.web-log.nl/) said...

Indeed: happy colours and happy flowers. They are beautiful!

merumo said...

I like your retro looking flowers!

pajudie said...

Those hexies are just beautiful - what a treasure!!! I love the way they look - enjoy -
Judie

Marcia said...

So pretty! Love your fabric choices.

Deborah said...

The people who made these have a real eye for colour. lucky you