Today's Stitching

Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Tulips


I hung this lovely vintage tulip quilt by my bed to welcome spring. I bought it at a flea market because of the cheerful colors and wonderful quilting. It is quilted by hand in a perfect pattern that I am sure was created by the maker and fills the surface with fans and curves.


I also noticed that the quilter had an assortment of 30's solids and complimenting prints. The stems and leaves seem to be made from scraps of depression greens. I admire her work and thank her so much.

2 comments:

andrea chiu said...

I do believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What does it really means to us? It only explains that true beauty is not in our physical aspects but in our inner aspects. In short, attitude or character because what you have shown is what people think of you. Beauty comes out naturally. Visit my site #triciajoy for some terrific offer that I am sure you can't refuse. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful article. Have a good day!

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Leslie Lim said...

Wow. Awesome article. Please do more articles like this in the future. Very informational and knowledgeable. I will expect more from you in the future. For now i will just bookmark your page and surely I'm gonna come back later to read more. Thank you to the writer!


Rica
www.imarksweb.org