Today's Stitching

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Been Missing for Six Months---I'm Baaaack


Last posted in February and hope someone out there is wondering where I have been.....lol

In December I was diagnosed with uterine/ceverical cancer. Just after my last post in Feb. I had major surgery.....followed by two more minor surgeries, blood transfusions, chemo treatments, etc.


Good news is....chemo is coming to an end and I am feeling much better. I even did some jelly making and canning of the past weekend and have been on the motorcycle!


I must tell you ladies.....priorities shift when an issue like this comes up. I have found QUILTING to be a blessing to my mental/spiritual well being. In the beginning I was only able to flip thru quilt books and magazines but then moved quickly to handpiecing and now I am working hard on quilt projects that I have put off in the past and a few new ones thrown in for good measure.


Here is a pic of my handpiecing project. I started this charm quilt last August during the Olympics...cutting hundred of pieces then hand pieced them during my illness. It is far from done but I am proud to say that I have 605 pieces joined...all different fabrics of course and many more hexagons in the works.


Glad to be back to quilting and now back on the blog.


2 comments:

RG said...

Dear Carolyn, I saw your message on the Great Hexagon Quilt-Along blog...thanks for visiting!!
So glad you popped by and left us a message.
I love your quilt and love the way the hexies are made up... it's so neat!

So sorry you've been struck with cancer but good on you for fighting. My girlfriend has been fighting the exact thing.
Quilting is a blessing and lifeline to many of us for many reasons.

Again, so glad you popped by.
hugs to you!

Candace said...

You have been missed, and I'm glad that you are feeling better. I'm sure that priorities shift a lot when you are facing such an illness and I'm glad that you had your quilting to help see you through. Sounds like you are a real fighter.