Today's Stitching

Friday, October 1, 2010

Blog update

I have been missing for the last few months but I am back. I had major surgery at the end of July and recovery has been slow. Feeling much better now and should be back to stitching soon.

During this time our family celebrated the adoption of two precious children. They have been with us for several years as fosters and now are officially ours. To mark this occasion I made this 'Family quilt'......for my daughter, son-in-law and the new additions. Luckily I pieced it last winter and machine quilted it over the summer. It was made to be used for years to come and not worry if it is spit, spilled or.....upon.

I took Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville pattern of Sister's Choice and enlarged it. It was fun to make.

2 comments:

Candace said...

Glad you're back and that you are doing better. Congratulations on your new family members and I love your quilt, my favorite kind made to be used and loved.

Gayle Bong said...

I love how the blocks look different cause you placed the colors in different positions. Good job.