Today's Stitching

Thursday, March 11, 2010

"Hooked" on another hobby



My daughter asked me to go with her to a 'sit and knit' group a few weeks ago....sure I love spending time with my girls. Took my quilting project and enjoyed talking with the knitters.
So when she wanted me to go again...thought I best start a small crochet project, maybe a scarf.
Wellllll....I bought a skein of yarn or two and found a hook and......now I am hooked!
I did crochet when my kids were born but haven't made anything for many years. I finished this
baby afghan after just one week and have enough yarn for two more....lol. (I do need several baby gifts for this summer)
Luckily this pattern is one I have made many many times so even after all this time I can make it from memory...now if I could just remember where I left my glasses.....lol

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Is this the diagonal pattern...start at a corner, increase and then decrease to the opposite corner? My mom and I did this pattern quite a bit.

Carolyn said...

Sandy
yes this is that pattern...a friend made one for my son in the 70's and I loved it...she showed me how to make it and I have used this pattern for most of my afghans. I love that you can make it square or diagonal, with or without stripes and it looks rich while actually super easy.