Today's Stitching

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Olympic Accomplishments




I have accomplished quite alot in the last 17 days of Olympic games. My goal was to keep busy with quilty stuff every time I sat down to watch the coverage, including the Today show in the mornings.

I managed to completely make a lap quilt from the P.I.G. I received from the Stashbuster yahoo group. I also retreived a lap quilt that I made many years ago and almost sent off to Goodwill unquilted....lol...it is finished and sent off .

I also managed to do several BOW (SBS and FWS) and my Aunt Millie's Garden BOM. I pulled out a wallhanging that was made during a Pat Sloan round robin six years ago or more, added a border, quilted and bound it so it is ready for spring.

I handquilted half of the bowtie quilt that is on my frame. I made a cover for my 1530 Bernina that I received for Christmas from hubby.

AND, last but certainly not least, I finished assembling the 1200 pieces of my charm quilt that I started during the Olympics summer games 08-08-08. It was my project for those games and I marked and cut the pieces and assembled them here and there over the past year, all by hand. It is now 64 x 81 and I need to decide if I want to add to it or handquilt it as it is....probably will add to it.

So I think I am a winner and have alot to show for time spent enjoying the Olympics and the wonderful job the host Canadians did!

No comments: