Today's Stitching

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

From long ago....



I was rooting thru my baskets of old quilt blocks that I have accumulated over the years at flea markets. My main goal was to save them...I appreciated the work that went into these old items.
I found over 50 of the dresden plates all stitched with the edges turned under and basted, all set to be appliqued onto a square and made into a charming quilt. I need to do this soon.
The lady who made the piece with the bow ties either had wild taste or just used the scraps that she had...lol. I am going to make a border out of solids on each side to make it a usable size and then quilt it. I figure it will be a nice practice piece for me to quilt as I try to get back into handquilting on my new frame.
I am sure one of my daughters will be excited to give this homely quilt a good home. Guess the lady that made it all those years ago will be happy with this end to her project.

No comments: