Today's Stitching

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas Quilts




When I was diagnosed with cancer this year it brought to mind all the quilts I was going to make 'some day' for my family.......so I decided that no matter when my 'expiration date' was I needed to get moving on these projects. This summer while undergoing chemo I started making 'Sylvia's Bridal Sampler' and 'Farmer's Wife' blocks in two different color schemes for my two daughters. I wasn't sure I would be able to finish them in time for Christmas but I did!

I chose earth colors with purple and orange accents for my older daughter. The golds and greens are perfect for her livingroom.
My younger daughter saw this fabric (the border) and fell in love with it......shades of aqua, brown and chartreuse. I searched for tourquoise fabrics and was lucky to find all kinds of polka dots and swirls and just enough fabric to do the border.

Each block was made with love and the quilting is filled with hugs and kisses for my girls.
Hopefully I have years of quiltmaking left, so I have many ideas and lots of fabric and will not put it off any longer......how about you?

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

What lovely quilts! I'm sure your girls were touched by their wonderful gift!

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

Hi Carolyn! You are a winner! of the Jinny Beyer book! Send me your info and I will ship it to you later this week. hugs! Martha

Michelle said...

Carolyn, both of these quilts are amazing. I love your use of color. Well done!