Today's Stitching

Sunday, April 6, 2008

MAKE-DO QUILT





I joined a cyber-retreat on the weekend of National Quilting Day. The Pat Sloan Yahoo group decided to have a weekend of quilting, chocolate, chatting, and friendship. I wanted to make a quilt top completely from my stash. I pulled all my orphan blocks, leftover nine-patches and odds and ends. The common factor was color, they were all red, navy, gold, brown and/or green, so I pulled all my matching scraps from the bin.


I put them together in groupings and filled in with things where I could. I learned quickly that being spontaneous was not as easy as I had thought. I do like the outcome....do you?

5 comments:

Nancy said...

What a great "make-do" quilt. Lovely colors....

Also like the RR....

Amy R said...

Love your make do quilt.
You and it are inspriational that I might someday find a way to use my tree swap blocks!

Thanks for sharing!

amy

Carol D said...

Carolyn,
Your talent with quilting never ceases to amaze me. Wondeful and I love the "make do" quilt!!

Like the new updates to your blog too. ;o))

HUGS!!!
Carol

Tracy said...

I love the outcome! Beautiful!

Kucki68 said...

There is a whole blog with Orphan Quilts, they are such fun spontanous quilts:

http://orphantrainsfromfinn.blogspot.com/